Les Bories is a modern 4 bed-roomed house set in a peaceful hamlet in the attractive Bouriane countryside, between the Dordogne and Lot valleys in south west France. A one bed-roomed apartment with lounge, kitchen and bathroom forms part of the lower floor. Both house and apartment have access to the extensive garden and swimming pool and together sleeps 8–10 people.
The accommodation would be ideal for two families or a family with grandparents. The apartment is fully accessible for wheelchair users. People with limited mobility would be able to use all facilities in the house and garden.
The holiday home is situated just outside the pretty village of Thédirac, in a tranquil location and enjoys uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside with its numerous farms and vineyards. In the village there is a boulangerie which also serves as a small general store (5 minutes on foot), and you will find a wider range of shops, bars and restaurants in the villages of Catus, Cazals and Salviac. Thédirac lies between the attractive medieval town of Gourdon, with its shops, restaurants and twice weekly market, and Cahors, the principal town of the area, which offers a wide range of entertainment and shopping, as well as a recently renovated old quarter and the famous seven – arched bridge, the Pont Valentré. Wine lovers can visit the many ‘caves vignerons’ in the area to sample the local wine.
The beautifully restored town of Sarlat and the chateaux and prehistoric sites of the Dordogne valley are within easy reach and you can enjoy an interesting day out at the pilgrimage site of Rocamadour and the nearby Gouffres de Padirac.
The ground floor.
- A large living/dining room with traditional French furniture. A balcony looks out over the garden and surrounding countryside and French windows give access to a terraced area with a barbecue.
- The well-equipped kitchen contains an electric oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and microwave.
- A bedroom with double bed has access to a terraced area via a French window
- A bathroom with bath and shower
- Separate WC
- Two double bedrooms both with two single beds.
- Bathroom with bath, shower and bidet.
All bedrooms have ample built-in storage space.
Ground Floor Apartment.
- One double bedroom with double bed and wardrobe.
- Large shower room with WC and easy disabled access.
- Living room with sofa bed.
- Access to terrace, garden and swimming pool
- Galley kitchen
- Washing machine and laundry equipment.
- 4,200m2 of mature gardens with views of the surrounding countryside
- Terraced areas outside the apartment, the dining room and ground floor bedroom
- Garden furniture
- Salt water swimming pool (50m2) with alarm system
- Mature fruit trees
- Living room/dining room.
- TV with satellite English channels and French digital channels.
- DVD and DVD library.
- library for children and adults with range of novels
- children's games.
- Wi-fi Internet access is included in the rental.
- Telephone is NOT available
- Parking space on drive for four cars.
- One car in garage.
- Garden furniture, sun-loungers and parasols
- Water and electricity is included in the rental.
Cleaning and linen.
- End of stay cleaning is included in the rental
- Bed and bathroom linen is included in the rental.
- Taxe de Sejour is included in the rental.
- Payments can be made in sterling or Euros.
- To cover possible damage, a deposit of £150 is payable 10 weeks before arrival. This will be returned at the end of your stay, minus the cost of any breakages.
- This is normally Saturday, but may be flexible out of high season.
- Mini-breaks, long weekends and longer stays: These are possible outside high season and the apartment is very suitable for those wishing to explore the area when looking for a new home or holiday property.
- Pets are not allowed as they may present a risk of allergic reaction to other guests. However guide dogs may be allowed with prior arrangement.